Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Autumn Seasons Assited Living Home

 
Back in July we found a house to lease and started the process of opening up an assisted living home in Prescott Valley. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done and Rick has drug me kicking and screaming into it. Mentored by some good friends who have three homes of their own we are learning the ropes. There is much training and testing and further education involved and so much red tape to get licensed but we are up to three residents now. Rick is over there 24 7 and I go after I get the boys off to school to help or give him a break. Somedays I go out marketing and learning. We have managed a few dates thanks to my neice Cristy who is a CNA. We are licensed for five residents and then after we install a sprinkler system inside we can apply for a total of ten. With a few more residents we can hire caregivers and Rick can be home more. That is what I want for Christmas. We have been so blessed and I am thankful that after 20 years of construction Rick had the forsight and help from the Lord to know this was what we should do. So it may be another few months before I write on this blog but that is what we are up to. Hopefully we can get a picture of the two of us on here soon so you can see what the stress of all this has done to us. (just kidding)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jodi Stapley said...

Colleen- Hi, this is Jodi. I'm not even sure how I stumbled on to your blog, but I wanted to say Hi. I'm excited for you and Rick and this new adventure you're starting with the assisted living home. We know so well how tough the construction business is, and I hope this is a great change for your family. I hope you're all well. Tell Rick I said Hello. We also have a blog if you're interested in checking it out-it's thestapleychronicles.blogspot. If you're ever down here in our area, drop by. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

natalie and jeremy belnap said...

I love you guys and miss ya tons!

Kaydence

Kaydence
Princess Sweet Pea

About Me

My photo
My family is my life, my best friends and my greatest joy on this earth. I

Playlist